The series were written by Judd Allen, Ph.D. and produced by Jake Hargrove. The music was composed and performed by Povel Popov. Episodes are narrated by:
Richard Safeer, MD, FACLM, FAAFP, FACPM, Chief Medical Director, Employee Health and Well-being at Johns Hopkins Medicine
Ewa Stelmasiak, MS, MSc, Founder, The Wellness Institute
Judd Allen, Ph.D., President, Human Resources Institute, LLC
How to Help a Coworker, Friend or Family Member Achieve a Well-being Goal
Coworkers, family and friends are in a great position to assist each other with well-being goals. This series focuses on eight skills for effective peer support. Many listeners find it helpful to talk with their peers after each episode. The topics are:
- Building a Foundation of Trust and Openness for Your Support.
- Defining Peer Support: What It Is and What It Is Not
- Determining Short and Long-term Change Goals
- Identifying the Best Role Models
- Addressing Barriers to Change
- Locating Supportive Environments
- Working through Setbacks
- Tracking and Celebrating Success
The total length of the series is 25 minutes.
This series is based on the book Healthy Habits, Helpful Friends by Judd Allen, Ph.D.